ORCA Rules for 2017/2018
Each Program that is offering an ABVO Residency will indicate whether they are following the ORCA rules.
1. Application Deadline: 8 pm EST, Friday, Nov 3, 2017. (See individual Programs for application requirements).
2. Residency offer time & date: 12 noon EST, Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
3. Rank lists (including at least the top 2 candidates) will be disclosed among all ORCA Program Leaders by 8 pm EST, Monday, January 15, 2018.
4. If candidate is going to receive more than 1 first-choice offer, the offering Programs must tell the candidate at the time of offer that the candidate will be receiving another offer and that the candidate must wait to receive all offers prior to making a final decision on acceptance.
5. Method of offer is phone call or email to candidate not before 12 noon EST, Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
6. After notification, the candidate will accept/decline the offer within 1 hour of notification and inform the institution of their decision. (All candidates will be encouraged prior to offer and reminded at time of offer to use the minimum time possible by preparing a rank list of their own.)
7. Within 30 minutes of a position being filled, institution will email all other ORCA Programs stating that their position has been filled and will disclose the candidate who has accepted.