Each individual organization that is offering an ABVO Residency will indicate whether they are following the "ORCA" rules:
ORCA Rules 2017
Each individual organization that is offering an ABVO Residency will indicate whether they are following the "ORCA" rules
1. Application Deadline: Saturday, Nov 11, 2017 by 8 pm EST. See individual institutions or practice for what is required for the application.
2. Residency offer time & date: 12 noon EST, January 17th, 2017.
3. Rank lists (including at least the top 2 candidates) will be disclosed among all ORCA members by 8 pm EST January 16th, 2017.
4. If candidate is going to receive more than 1 first-choice offer, the programs must tell the candidate at the time of offer that the candidate will be receiving another offer and that the candidate must wait to receive all offers prior to making a final decision on acceptance.
5. Method of offer is phone call or email to candidate on the agreed upon offer date and time.
6. After notification, the candidate will accept/decline the offer within 1 hour of notification and inform the institution of their decision (all candidates will be encouraged prior to offer and reminded at time of offer to use the minimum time possible by preparing a rank list of their own).
7. Within 30 minutes of a position being filled, institution will email all other ORCA institutions saying that their position has been filled and will disclose the candidate who has accepted.