ACVO Membership Portal Access Instructions
As an ACVO Member you are able to control your profile and contact information on the ACVO web site. This will allow you to make changes at any time to the information that the public and members-only views provide, both in real-time and printed PDF reports. The changes made to your account will be reflected in the reports immediately once the information is saved. You may need to refresh your page (F5 button) to see the changes.
Updating your information and preferences in the membership portal is now part of the annual dues renewal process. Please make sure your contact information is updated at least annually, as members will be printing new copies of the printed directory throughout the year on demand. This is your opportunity to customize the information that the public and members see, your biography, photo, OFA exams, species of interest, relief work and speaker availability lists are all pulled from this data.
Following are instructions for establishing, accessing and editing your account information. Please note that your 'Username' is always your first initial and full last name (no spaces, not Capp sensitive), not your email address.
Log in to and edit your account
1. Select the link at the top of the page named ‘Member log-in’.
2. Select ‘Request new password.’
3. Enter your email address. The email address you enter needs to be the same as the email where you receive email correspondence from ACVO. You will receive an email from the system at this same email address. The salutation of the email is your new username.
4. You will need to set your own password by following the instructions in the email you receive. The ACVO office will not have record of your password so you will need to keep track of this yourself. If you should lose or forget your password, just click on the ‘request new password' link again to set a new password. You will also need this information to log in to any secure areas of the web site.
3. Once you have set your password, log in. Please note that your 'Username' is always your first name initial and full last name (no spaces, not Capp sensitive), not your email address.
4. Select ‘My account’ to update your profile.
5. Review the information currently listed under the ‘View’ tab.
6. Correct any incorrect or missing information by selecting the ‘Edit’ tab to make changes. Most of the information is available for editing under the ‘Member information’ tab.
7. Edits to listing information and additional listings can be added by selecting the ‘Member Locations’ link at the bottom of the page. For each of these that you would like to show up in the printed and digital directory results, they must have the 'Public' box checked.
8. Once updates are complete, select the save button at the bottom of each page.
9. If you would like, you can also add a photo under the ‘Member Picture’ tab.
Search for an ACVO Member or resident
1. On the left of the screen there is box titled ‘Member Only Search’. Selecting this option will also show results for residents, but you will see them noted as a resident (rather than member) in the summary list.
2. Choose the appropriate search tool. Please note that email addresses are only available in the ‘Search Membership by Last Name’ option.
Please contact the ACVO with any questions or concerns.