BY BECOMING A DIPLOMATE OF THE ACVO YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS: (To become a member of the ACVO you must be a board certified ophthalmologist. For more information see Education - Becoming a board certified veterinary ophthalmologist)
1. You receive 6 copies of the journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology each year at no cost. ($150 value!)
2. Your clinic contact information may be listed on the ACVO web site where you may receive referrals and post links to your clinic’s web address (Diplomates only and public). We receive over 6,000 hits to this area of the site each month.
3. You have access to the ACVO list serve and can participate in discussions with your colleagues.
4. You can receive recognition by the ACVO as a mentor for residents in ACVO training programs.
5. You receive a 25% discount from Wiley-Blackwell on all Wiley book titles until further notice.
6. You receive the College’s newsletter twice per year with
informative and timely information concerning your profession.
7. You may run a complimentary classified advertisement on the website and in the newsletter ($95 value per ad).
8. You benefit from reduced fees for the ACVO annual conference ($130 value!) where you can benefit from networking and your colleagues’ research.
9. You have access to the ACVO web site and secure members’ only area 24 hours per day for meeting information, classified ads, colleagues’ contact information, searchable members’ database, dues information, registration forms, and more!
10. You have the opportunity to obtain the following items/services at a reduced cost:
• 35 years history of proceedings on a searchable DVD.
• Online access to printable ophthalmology brochures for
• Cataract videos, posters and materials.
• Mailing labels of Diplomates and residents.
11. You receive an annual, printed directory of your colleagues in which your contact information will be printed,allowing for more referral opportunities and you have access to a members-only directory online.
12. You are updated on issues with IVOS, EVOS and other groups.
13. You have voting rights in the College and can help steer its programs and outcomes.
14. You have the opportunity to serve as a volunteer—committee member, board member, etc. to assist others in your profession.
15. You are provided with many opportunities to contact preferred vendors and new ophthalmology products at the annual conference and via advertisements in the newsletter and directory. A vendor directory is also supplied in the member directory for your convenience.
16. You benefit from one central office where staff is available to answer questions and/or assist you 5 days per week.
17. YOU help to strengthen the prestige of your profession in the eyes of the public and each other by supporting the College, its educational programs and new Diplomates.